In their school's signed agreement, the Principal commits to spending QATSIF QCE Scholarship funds for the educational benefit of each individual scholarship recipient.
The Scholarship may only be applied towards:
- Compulsory school fees
- Resource hire
- Computer hire levy (for Round 8 & 9 students)
- QCE subject and technology levies
- QCE related excursions and camps
- Industry visits
- University and Careers expos.
- Compulsory school uniforms
- One Senior Jersey
- School shoes
- One Formal/Graduation ticket
- TAFE VET placement
Additional (for Round 9 & 10 students only) - A maximum contribution of $300 toward either computer hire levies or the purchase of an IT Device. (# see notes below)
Examples of items for which the QATSIF funding cannot be used
- P&F fees
- Capital building levies
- Repairs or replacement of computers, laptops or similar devices
- Staff wages
- Co-curricular activities unrelated to QCE
- Boarding fees
- Weekend activity costs
- Toiletries and personal items
- Sporting representation
# Computer hire levy / IT device purchase
Schools, QATSIF students and their parents / carers need to be aware that QATSIF:
- is willing to contribute a maximum of $300 (across the entire 2 year QATSIF QCE Scholarship period) toward the costs of either a computer hire levy or the purchase of an IT device where the use of such a device is approved by the school and necessary to enable the student to complete curriculum activities.
- will not fund repairs, damage or replacement of these IT devices and will not contribute to any costs associated with this.
- directs that any IT devices hired or purchased are for the exclusive use of the individual QATSIF QCE Scholarship student and remain the property and responsibility of the hirer and /or student.
- is not responsible for either the inappropriate or illegal use of these IT devices.
- supports that all school rules, appropriate usage guidelines and school agreements apply to QATSIF students just as they do to all other students.