Student Eligibility Criteria
QATSIF relies on each school’s official Census data for the confirmation of Aboriginality of QATSIF Scholarship Applicants. QATSIF advises schools to remind families of their obligations in terms of authenticity. In situations where a student identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander subsequent to school enrolment, Proof of Aboriginality/Torres Strait Islander documentation is required. Increasingly, Universities require Proof of Aboriginality/Torres Strait Islander documentation as part of their enrolment process.
An eligible QATSIF Scholarship Applicant:
- is a person of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent who identifies as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, is accepted as such by the community in which he/she lives.
- is an Australian citizen and resident of Queensland.
- is enrolled at this school as a student in 2017 OR has enrolment confirmed at this school for 2018.
- is currently in Year 10 or 11.
- intends to undertake and complete his/her Queensland Certificate of Education during the school years 2018-2019 and have the ability and the schools confidence of fully completing their QCE by Year 12 Graduation.
- has current school attendance of 85% or more.
- is under age 35.
- is currently achieving A-C in English and a C or higher in other subjects in Year 10 or if currently in Year 11 must be “on track” to receive their QCE by the end of 2018.
- demonstrates effort and behaviour of a C or above.
- participates in school activities which enhances his/her Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural identity.
- demonstrates willingness to fully participate in the life of the school and be a worthy role model for other students.